INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITION
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of Airways that cause airway hyperresponsiveness of the period of bronchospasm, Mucous edema, And Mucous production. Means they swell and produce thick mucus. Asthma is a long terms condition.
Asthma is a condition the airway narrow and swelled and produce more extra mucous and this condition can difficulty breathing, trigger coughing And wheezing (sound during inspiration).
The airway is a tube that carries air in and out of lungs if any patient has asthma so their wall of the airway is swollen & Painfull
- Environmental Factor
- Change in Temperature mostly cold air.
- Change in humidity-Dry air
- Food Treated with sulfate, beer, wine.etc.
- Cigarette,Industrial smoke,ozone,sulphur dioxide,formaldehyde.
- NASID, Beta-blocker medication.
5.Stress and up sate/Emotional
6.Strong odor and perfumes.
7.Genetics- Genes play an important role in developed asthma.
Sing and symptoms
- shortness of breathing
- Chest Tightness
- A cough
- Ron-chi (Sound during inspiration)
- Attack of asthma Maybe For Few Minutes.
- Physical examination
- History Collection
- Atrial blood gas analysis -Hypoxemia
- chest x-ray
- Auscultation of breath sound
- Peak expiratory flow
TREATMENT AND MEDICATION
- Prevention of AG: AB reaction-
- Neutralization of IgE
- Suppression of inflammation and bronchial hyperreactivity
- Prevention of released mediators
- Antagonism of the release of Mediators
- Blocked of constrictor neurotransmitter
A. Beta 2 agonist-
- Choline Theophylline
- Hydroxyethyl theophyl
- Ipratropium bromide
- Tiotropium bromide
2. Leukotriene antagonists
3.Mast cell stabilizers
- Sodium cromoglycate
- Beclomethasone dipropionate
- Fluticasone dipropionate
Self-care is very important for any asthma patient some prevention point is given in below
- Monitor your breathing
- Identify and avoid trigger
- Identify attack and treat early
- Avoid Smoking
- Take medicine time to time
- Wear Mask at pollution area